“When truly resting, the mind is cleansed and the body recharged.”
What to do on the Sourwood Property
- Rock and Read. There is an interesting and well stocked library (an emphasis on the philosophical)
- Take a walk in the woods. There are two loop trails 1.5 miles and .5 mile.
- Engage in a little competition; billiards, ping pong, croquet or horseshoes
- Rattlesnake Lodge – 3 miles round trip with longer options (5 min from the inn)
- Craggy Gardens – a variety of nice hikes from .7 mile to 8 miles (20 min from the inn)
- Mount Mitchell – Highest point east of the Mississippi Short steep walk to lookout or Deep Gap Trail (45 minutes from the inn)
- Deep Gap Trail is a short steep walk to the lookout (45 minutes from the inn)
We are great enthusiasts of hiking and can point you to many other great hikes!
- The Biltmore Estate – Tickets purchased here at the inn are good for two consecutive days
- North Carolina Arboretum – Fantastic gardens, trails and incredible Bonsai collection
– in a word Eclectic! Discover on your own, with help from us or from one of these tours:
- Asheville Urban Trail – a walking tour of downtown Asheville highlighting the unique architecture, people and historic events of the city
- Grayline Trolley Tours – These are the red trolleys that do a super job!
- LaZoom Bus Tours – Zany, Wacky fact filled fun
Other Outdoor Adventure
White Water Rafting:
- Blue Heron Whitewater – These folks are great!
- Navitat Canopy Adventures – Truly beautiful and wildly fun!
- Sandy Bottoms Trail Rides – Nice facilities and healthy horses make for a memorable ride
- Curtis Wright Outfitters – Enjoy a day of fly fishing the beautiful streams of Western North Carolina