Sourwood Inn in Asheville has partnered with Fisher Vineyards from California to bring you an immersive winery weekend on September 10th and 11th! With summer finally here, it’s easy to find yourself craving long weekends and itching for a tropical or European adventure. Ditch the passport in favor of a weekend getaway to Asheville for an extraordinary Fisher Vineyard Wine Weekend.
About Fisher Vineyards
ROOTED IN TWO REGIONS
Fisher Vineyard was founded in 1973 by Fred and Juelle Fisher. The family winery is dedicated to farming and producing exceptional handcrafted wines. Inspired by the passion and founding vision of their parents, three second-generation siblings lead the winery today in both Napa Valley and Sonoma County. Check out their family legacy here that included clearing 100 acres of steep, wooded terrain.
Farm Direct Dining at Sourwood
Sourwood Inn has been long time supporters of the Farm Movement in Asheville. Our meals continue the Asheville tradition of serving healthy, creative and diverse dining options with our take on Farm Direct Dining. Among our local artisan food vendors, we are pleased to highlight: Joyce Farms for poultry, Chop Shop for beef and duck, 3 Graces Dairy for French-style cheeses and several local produce farms. This Fisher Vineyard Wine Weekend gives us a wonderful opportunity to pair this fresh food with the wonderful California wines from Fisher Vineyards.
Schedule of Events- Fisher Vineyards
Our Wine Weekend was designed for wine lovers with discriminating palates and for those wanting to learn more about wines. We will explore selections from the wine cellars of the historic Fisher Vineyards. In the true farm direct spirit, we will examine and pair each glass with farm direst food flavors.
Our two-night Winery Weekend includes:
- Luxurious accommodations with spa like bathrooms, mountain views and private balconies
- Bountiful breakfast buffet each morning (served 8-9:30am)
- Friday evening welcoming reception with 2019 Fisher Vineyards UNITY Rose, Calistoga, Napa Valley (5-6pm)
- Friday evening relaxed barbecue dinner on the Terrace with 2018 Fisher Vineyards UNITY Chardonnay, Mendocino/Sonoma and 2016 UNITY Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley, Mendocino (7pm)
- Saturday morning “Study of Fisher Vineyards Mountain Chardonnay” in the library served with Truffle Potato Chips (11am-noon)
- Saturday night reception before the wine dinner with 2018 Fisher Vineyards UNITY Chardonnay, Mendocino/Sonoma (6:30pm)
- Saturday night 3 course wine dinner- 2018 Fisher Vineyards “Mountain Estate Vineyards” Chardonnay Sonoma, 2015 Fisher Vineyards “Mountain Estate Vineyards” Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma, 2016 Fisher Vineyards “Coach Insignia” Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley (7pm)
Two Night Stay with breakfast buffet each morning, two wine dinners and Chardonnay Wine Study
Queen rooms & Sassafras Cabin- $ 999 (plus tax) (gratuity included)
King rooms- $ 1099 (plus tax) (gratuity included)
Additional Wine Study in the Library at 3pm – Mountain vs Valley Cabernet served with Truffle Potato Chips
$45 per person
Asheville is only a 20 minute drive from the inn with many hiking trails and waterfalls nearby. Stay additional nights after the wine weekend to Explore Asheville and receive $25 off your extra room night rates.
You may also want to stay an extra night after the wine event to enjoy The 48th annual Village Art and Craft Fair at the Biltmore Village on September 11-12, 2021 .Presented by New Morning Gallery and Bellagio Art-to-Wear, the outdoors art festival is on the grounds of the Cathedral of All Souls in Biltmore Village, near the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. Free admission.
Come Stay With Us
September is a beautiful time to visit the Asheville. Our inn is nestled into Elk Mountain, just a few miles from the the Blue Ridge Parkway. In between wine events, you might decide to explore our serene two mile nature trail on the property-complete with a Serenity Pond and Horse Shoe Pit. Explore our beautiful rooms here and book your stay today. We have already reserved several rooms for this event so advance reservations will be needed.