Innkeepers Connie and Proal, along with Liz Cintron, Director of Sales for Fisher Vineyards are celebrating their 30 years of friendship. Come celebrate with them while they bring the wines of California to the mountains of Asheville for all to enjoy!
Fisher Vineyard Winery Weekend- September 10th & 11th, 2021
Join us for an immersive and relaxing wine weekend coupled with farm to table dining at our mountain lodge- making for an unforgettable Asheville Wine Tasting getaway. Designed for wine lovers with discriminating palates or for those wanting to learn more about wines, we will explore selections from the wine cellars of the historic Fisher Vineyards. In the true farm direct spirit, we will go beyond the grape by examination and pairing each glass with farm direst food flavors served at each meal that Sourwood Inn is known for.
Our two-night Winery Weekend includes:
- Luxurious accommodations with spa like bathrooms, mountain views and private balconies
- Bountiful breakfast buffet each morning (served 8-9:30am)
- Friday evening welcoming reception with 2019 Fisher Vineyards UNITY Rose, Calistoga, Napa Valley (5-6pm)
- Friday evening relaxed barbecue dinner on the Terrace with 2018 Fisher Vineyards UNITY Chardonnay, Mendocino/Sonoma and 2016 UNITY Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley, Mendocino (7pm)
- Saturday morning comparative study in the Library of 2018 Fisher Vineyards ” Mountain Estate Vineyard” Chardonnay, Sonoma and 2018 Fisher Vineyard “Whitney Vineyards” Chardonnay, Sonoma served with Truffle Potato Chips (11am-noon)
- Saturday night reception before the wine dinner with 2018 Fisher Vineyards UNITY Chardonnay, Mendocino/Sonoma (6:30pm)
- Saturday night four course wine dinner- 2018 Fisher Vineyards “Mountain Estate Vineyards” Chardonnay Sonoma, 2015 Fisher Vineyards “Mountain Estate Vineyards” Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma, 2016 Fisher Vineyards “Coach Insignia” Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley (7pm)
Two Night Stay with breakfast buffet each morning, two wine dinners and Chardonnay Wine Study
Queen rooms & Sassafras Cabin- $ 999 (plus tax) (gratuity included)
King rooms- $ 1099 (plus tax) (gratuity included)
Optional Saturday afternoon comparative study in the Library of 2015 Fisher Vineyards “Mountain Estate Vineyard” Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma and 2016 Fisher Vineyards “Coach Insignia” Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley served with Truffle Potato Chips (3pm)
Optional Saturday afternoon wine study – $45 per person
Asheville is only a 20 minute drive from the inn with many hiking trails and waterfalls nearby. Stay additional nights after or before the wine weekend to Explore Asheville and receive $25 off your extra room night rates.
Stay an extra night after the wine event to enjoy The 48th annual Village Art and Craft Fair at the Biltmore Village on September 11-12, 2021. Presented by New Morning Gallery and Bellagio Art-to-Wear, the outdoor art festival is on the grounds of the Cathedral of All Souls in Biltmore Village, near the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. You’ll have plenty of time to attend on Saturday afternoon in-between events or on Sunday after breakfast.
You may also want to take advantage of the $25 room rate discount to attend the popular Chow Chow events in Asheville. Our friends from Romantic Asheville have outlined the full schedule and note the events close to our wine weekend below:
- Sept 2: Oysters as Crafted Objects (VIRTUAL) – 7:30–9:00 PM, $15
- Sept 9: Forest as Farm – Flights & Bites @ Hickory Nut Gap Farm, 5:30-8:30 PM. $50
- Sept 11: Sustainable Waters – Tapas & Drinks @ Jettie Rae’s Oyster House, 11AM-1 PM & 3-5 PM. $125