Outrageously Lemony Blueberry Muffins
Have you ever seen a more perfect, delicious looking Blueberry Muffin? These lemony muffins are a sure crowd pleaser!
Best of all, they are crispy on the outside and bursting with fresh blueberries on the inside. These are our guests favorite blueberry muffins and we think it’s about time you met them too!Jump to Recipe
Easy to Make
This keeper recipe is so easy to make and imagine the surprise of your guests when you have a basket of warm muffins waiting for them in the morning? Forget buying any box mix as the simple ingredients can be found at the grocery store and ready to go in your food pantry. The only ingredients for last minute purchase are the fresh blueberries, lemon and milk.
What makes these muffins so special?
These muffins are lighter than your average blueberry muffins. The yellow cornmeal added to the white flour makes them exceptionally light and airy.
The fresh zested lemon adds a freshness to these muffins and blends perfectly with the fresh blueberries
Last but not least, it’s all about the butter! Quality unsalted butter is unbeatable when used in home baking.
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tips
Tossing the fresh blueberries with one teaspoon of flour before adding to the batter prevents the blueberries from sinking to the bottom and causing your muffin to be soggy.
In a pinch you can use frozen blueberries but remember not to defrost them before hand- just stir them into the batter frozen.
We love to sprinkle raw sugar on top of each muffins before baking. You can find this sugar option with the other sugars in your grocery store. It adds an additional sweetness to your muffins and a fun browned crackle muffin top.
It’s VERY important not to over mix your batter when adding the flour and milk. It will cause your muffins to be be tough. Just mix lightly.
Having the proper equipment makes making these muffins a breeze. Shown below from an affiliate link are some of our favorite home kitchen equipment.
We love these sturdy, made in America pans which do not have to be greased and are easy to clean afterwards.
These 3- piece glass bowls make mixing a breeze and cleanup even easier.
Having a good quality cooling rack is so important for so many baking projects. This product is made from stainless steel and can also be used for grilling purposes in your oven.
We use a whisk for so many projects. This one from Oxo is great kitchen tool.
Lastly, we add fresh zest to so many of our recipes. This zester makes zesting easy and quick
Easy Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon all purpose white flour
- 1 Tablespoon raw suagr
- Preheat oven to 375. If your pans are not a non-sticking silicone pan, butteror spray your tin well. In a large bowl mix sugar and the butter well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add baking powder and mix well. Add lemon zest and vanilla and blend in. In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt and cinnamon. Add half of the mixture to the batter. Mix LIGHTLY, then add the milk and stir until blended. (it's so important not to over mix) In a spereate bowl add the fresh blueberries and 1 teaspoon of white flour. Lightly blend in floured bleuberries to the batter. Using an ice cream scoup or spoon fill each muffin approximately 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with raw or white sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes until tops are lightly browned. Leave in pan for 10 minuttets and then remove to a cooling rack.
Book your stay at the Sourwood Inn
The Sourwood Inn is one of the best bed and breakfasts in Asheville! The inn is just a short drive to the popular Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, the Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville, which is often called the San Francisco of the East, as it thrives on art, music, and unbelievable food, craft beer, and wine. We offer twelve luxurious guest rooms and a separate cabin– all with mountain views and fireplaces, soaking tubs, luxurious amenities, and a bountiful breakfast buffet and afternoon refreshments that is included with your stay. Not to be missed is the popular wine and 3 course price fixed dinner and wine that is served Thursday through Sunday.
Check our availability and start planning your trip to the beautiful Asheville mountains.