Are you looking for more in Asheville than fabulous restaurants, world class shopping, nightlife, and beautiful scenic drives? Do you love the outdoors and all the adventure that it offers? Then Asheville is the perfect destination point!
Consistently ranked by Outdoor Magazine as one of it’s top destinations for outdoor recreation and adventures, Asheville never disappoints. Whether you’re looking for hiking, whitewater rafting, fly fishing, mountain biking, or ziplining, Asheville has it all! At Sourwood Inn we can personally arrange a guided fly fishing trip, horsebacking expedition, or an exciting falconry experience for you. Asheville, a paradise for adventure seekers, offers something for everyone- young or old.
A Few of Our Favorite Asheville Outdoor Adventure Trips
- Whitewater rafting with Blue Heron Whitewater Only 22 miles from downtown Asheville, this company has rave reviews! If you’ve never been whitewater rafting you are missing out on an exhilarating unforgettable experience. Nature at it’s best! http://www.blueheronwhitewater.com/
- Canopy ziplining with Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures Soar like a bird over grand white oaks, crimson maples and thick mountain laurel. Canopy Rangers escort each small group throughout the tour to share knowledge and lead your experience. Ranked #2 on Trip Adviser http://www.ashevilletreetopsadventurepark.com/asheville-zipline-canopy-adventure/about-asheville-zipline-canopy-adventures
- Horseback riding with Sandy Bottoms Trail Rides Saddle up and enjoy the lovely mountain panoramas. Sandy Bottoms also offers horse drawn buggy rides for those who prefer not to ride on horseback. http://www.sandybottomtrailrides.net/
- Mountain Biking with Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventures Their local experienced guide will show you the best routes through the Pisgah and Dupont National Forests near Asheville. http://www.pisgahmountainbikeadventures.com/
- Hike the Appalachian Trails Approximately 300 miles of this Maine-to-Georgia primitive hiking trail spans North Carolina. Voted most popular outdoor destination by Blue Ridge Outdoors and favorite long distance trail by Backpacker Magazine. http://www.appalachiantrail.org/
We hope you enjoy our suggestions and have a wonderful vacation with some unforgettable memories!